Friday, May 16, 2008

Potty Training

Well, it looks like Wyatt's ready to get rid of his diapers! He actively takes them off. And while they're off, he'll go, on his own, to the kiddie potty :D A few times, he has even closed the door... even locked it (its easy to open from the outside, so, that's not too much of a problem).

Last night, he didn't want to put his diaper on... but, I didn't want to wake up to pee (because even though he is usually dry in the mornings... ya never know...)... but, finally consented to me putting one one him. Well, this morning, before he was fully awake and still nursing... he took his diaper off... LOL It was dry.

I'm glad I didn't push him into peeing on the potty! He was so resistant! I'd sit him on it and he'd straighten his legs, scream, cry, and get up... like it was the worse thing I could have done to him! So, I didn't do that too often... I just put him on the potty a handful of times, just so that he knows that where to go if he wanted to pee...

He just decided, on his own (28 mths), that he wanted to pee on the potty :D woohoo! Actually, this is about the time the girls were potty-training too! Funny how that happened... I've read and heard from others that boys take longer to train... guess we'll see :D

As long as he's naked, he pees on the potty. I put underwear on him and he peed in them... but showed me... lol He's not really pulling down his pants yet.

No comments: